Thursday, March 27, 2014

Oh Happy Day

It's been a relatively uneventful week at the Rosebush house.  If you read this blog regularly you know that is something to truly be thankful for or you may be sad because you've had nothing to laugh at.   Today was the day that things changed.   This day started out like any other but I quickly discovered that it was a big day for Emma.
Today was the day that she's been waiting for for nearly a year.  
Today was the day that she's been trying to convince me was here for six months.  
Finally, "the most exciting thing ever" happened TODAY!

I woke Emma up this morning to the usually grumbling about it being cold, early, and various other morning complaints.  Emma insists that I wake her up for school at 5 AM and she tells everyone that.  The reality is that she gets up for school at the 7:20 but that's another story entirely.  She got dressed, put on her shoes, and fixed her hair as usual.  Just before she sat down to breakfast her whole life changed.  

"Mom, I think it's loose this time"

We've been through this before.  Nearly everyday.  She tries to convince me that at least one of her teeth is loose.  She's so eager for a visit from the tooth fairy that she diligently checks each of her teeth daily, sometimes twice, for even minor movement and calls me in to double check when things seem wobbly.  Normally it's nothing.  Her beautiful, perfectly straight, little baby teeth are in there for the long haul.  Usually not even a wiggle.

Today however there appears to be a breakthrough.

Today one of those little bottom baby teeth is getting ready to leave it's place in her mouth behind.

When I confirmed that today her suspicions were correct and her tooth was loose she was over the moon.  She's been wiggling it non stop the entire day.  She can't wait for it to fall out.  She's even inquired about the toothfairy's going rate.

Despite her happiness today for me was just another reminder that my baby girl is growing up.  Seriously, I  remember when she first got that little tooth.  It seems like it was only yesterday.  

I know she's been waiting,  wishing, hoping,  and wiggling for this for awhile but I'm simply not ready.  I'm not ready for her to lose her teeth.  Soon it will be kindergarten.  Then she'll be interested in boys.  Then we will tackle high school.  Then prom.  Then college. At some point on this journey we will also have to deal with braces.  For sure braces!  Even the dentist told me to be prepared for that one because her teeth are so amazingly straight now her adult teeth will likely "need work".  These milestones, the good, the bad, and the ugly, will all come way too fast I'm sure.  Just like this loose tooth.  I.AM.NOT.READY!  I need time to slow down even it it is for just a little bit.

For now though we will keep wiggling that poor little tooth.  Oh Happy Day one is finally loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment