Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Elusive Private Shower

When raising Rosebushes you're bound to get dirty and thus need to bathe at some point.  When you're a stay at home mom who has a husband that works crazy hours bathing usually occurs in the form of a shower with two children running wild in the house.  My kids know that the shower will have me in a sense immobilized for a period of time and they use the time to pull off some of their craziest antics. Some of the most notable antics include helping themselves to ice cream, drawing on things they shouldn't with markers, and if you're Jax, eating a healthy snack of crayons.
The shower in my house is a large shower stall with a big glass door so when my kids walk in, and they ALWAYS walk in, it's like I'm an animal at the zoo that they can just gawk at.  I really enjoy their shock too when they realize I am naked.  Seriously, every single time it is like they cant believe it.  Emma usually has all kinds of fun questions like: "What are you doing?" "Why are you shaving your legs, arm pits,  (and anything else that requires a shave)?" Sometimes that sweet little angel makes great observations about my body and doesn't mind telling me that things are looking a little out of shape.  I really love her for that.
Jax views the shower door a little differently.  He thinks it is a protective barrier between the two of us so he really tries to test his limits.  He usually comes in and smiles as he looks for  trouble. His favorite things include brushing his teeth with my toothbrush, unrolling the toilet paper, and flushing the toilet repeatedly.  He also likes to climb onto the toilet and try on every single perfume or lotion that is within reach; so by the time I'm done he smells a little like he's been hanging out in a brothel.  Today he had a special form of mischief in mind and he took Fred's toothbrush and did a little cleaning with it.  He cleaned the heck out of the sink, the mirror, and most importantly the floor around the toilet.  Wasn't that nice of him?  Luckily for Fred I like him today and always have spare toothbrushes on hand; so I tossed that one immediately. Today while Jax ran amok in the bathroom with me, Emma decided to put on a little dance show.  I could hear her in my bedroom singing, dancing, and playing her music way too loudly.  When I walked out of the bathroom this is what I saw.  I guess she needed a costume.  Isn't it lovely?
Needless to say there is never a dull, or private, moment in my crazy beautiful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment